Monday, June 25

Lush Lash - is it a scam?


winking model
Nothing impacts the face like full lashes.  

Do you fantasize  about lashes so big, curly and thick that it creates an alluring shadows on your cheeks?  Marilyn Monroe was famous for creating this look. Or are you  merely looking for ways to look better in the morning without any makeup?  God knows, I've been needing more help in that department lately...

 This subject - lashes - must be one of the most googled searches in Asia, and no, I'm not being a racist or sarcastic. I can say this wholeheartedly and with the up most sincerity because I am an Asian-American, who suffer from weak lashes. 

I've tried them ALL, girls -  from ridiculous claims of Vaseline, Olive Oils, and some Youtube sensation - Bee Wax Egyptian   CRAP lotion growing your lashes longer, to praying to Jesus Christ... these don't work. They were mostly nonsense. 
 Read on ....





FOUR WAYS TO BIGGER LASHES.

long false lashes
I'm not going to make you suffer through a wall of text,  therefor,  I'm going to make this list short and to the point and write a more detailed review of some of the products discussed here later.

1.  Lash Drops



WHAT IT IS:

LASH Treatment which is applied to the base of the upper eyelashes with a clean synthetic brush, to grow longer, fuller and darker eyelashes in as little as eight weeks, with full results in 16 weeks.  
Can also be used on the eyebrows.  (more of this on another blog)

  • Lastisse - FDA approved -  bimatoprost ophthalmic 0.03% solution - Requires a Prescription and money to burn. $120 ~ $150 + a bottle
  • Careprost - bimatoprost ophthalmic 0.03% solution  - The generic version of Lastiss with the same *exact* ingredients as Lastiss ( $ 30 ~ $ 55)
  • RapidLash - It worked great and in fact, seemed to make my lashes thicker (but shorter) than the 2 drops above.  HOWEVER, I've heard recently that they've changed the formula so that it doesnt work as it did in the past.  ($ 35~ $45)

Mink Lashes

There are of course other brands, many in fact, but since I have not personally used them to verify, I will not list them here.   

I'm currently using Careprost and am on my 3rd bottle,  and it has worked brilliantly for me.  I cant recommend  this enough.

Something I'd like to mention, I like to spend my money wisely, so I've forgone using Lastisse altogether.  But I'd suggest that you at least call your doctor and *ask*  if it would be right for you.  

With that said,  since Careprost is simply the generic brand and have the exact same ingredients, I repeat, the same EXACT ingredient, I'm assuming I'd get the same results from it. 
Red false lashes

Side effects: 
  • Cost
  • May cause darkening of the eyelid skin which may be reversible.
  • Although not reported in clinical studies,  it  may also cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of the eye which is likely to be permanent. 
  • Itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness. This was reported in approximately 4% of patients. 

I have used this for 2 years and have not had any ill effects.  In fact, I do not know anyone in person or on the beauty forums, review boards with these side effects.  Theses are very rare cases.

Before and After photos:
Latisse Before and After



Black Smoky Eye Look
2. Eyelash Extensions Invented by - *gasp* Asians (Korea in fact) ! :)

WHAT IT IS:

Simply put, these are hair extensions for your lashes or a long lasting temporary false lashes that stays on for few days to weeks depending on the type of glue used, the technician's skill in the application and how you take care of it at home.

  Getting this done may take up to 1~3 hours and will need a touch up every 2 weeks.

SIDE EFFECTS:

Cost ($100~$500 in US)
Itchy
Thins out your natural lashes.
Time consuming

If you don't have time for your nails, then you definitely won't have time for this... 


High Drama winged falsies

3. False Lashes  
also known as Falsie

WHAT IT IS:

Designed to add length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes - temporarily.  I feel like everyone already know what this is, so I'm merely going to add my recommendations. 

ardell wispies image
 For Drama: 
Ardell Fashion Lashes  - Wispies  They're quite long, and full but "wispy" so that you dont look like a drag queen. Moreover, I like that it gives me mega drama without making me look like a showgirl wannabe.   

Double up with another  shorter set of lashes and watch your eyes go va-va-boom!

duo glue

Ardell False Eyelashes  DuraLash Naturals Short knot-free Individual Lashes I use this the most every day because they're the most natural.  Make sure to get them knot-free.

Ardell Duo:  Best lash glue





colorful lashes
4. Finally, the good 'ol tube of some Mascara.
 They're actually quite good these days because some of them have fibers..

WHAT IT IS:

 Again, you know what it is, so I'll simply link my cult favorites and call it a day.

My Holy Grail:

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara  

I've been using this for many years and have always come back to using it.   It's a bit of a clumpy mess,  I kid you not, yea.  But works quite effectively on flimsy lashes.  This one doesnt have any fiber. 

Fiberwigs

 

Fiberwig  -

These are HUGE in Asia because we're lash obsessed and they have fibers in them that clings to your natural lashes.  It makes you look like you're wearing Falsies.

  I have yet to see a non Asian brand that works as well as an Asian Fiber Mascaras. This is a MUST, girls!

 







I would love to hear and SEE what you've been using and trying yourself!  Please comment, share and add me.  Thanks for reading, take care!! =)










 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To cut down on spam, I'll be moderating comments. Thanks for your understanding! <3

I strongly encourage you to leave behind your "personal" blog or your Youtube page because I'd love to visit, but please do not spam your "store" here. I will promptly delete it.