Tuesday, June 26

Best shampoo without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate review. Get healthier skin and scalp.

girl showering
 Do you notice your hair thinning?  Are you suffering from dry, itchy scalp?  Dry dandruff perhaps?  Which is caused by excessive dryness to the scalp.

You probably didn't know that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) could be the cause of most of your skin irritations, and not just on your scalp but everywhere else on your body.  In fact, the LEADING cause of hair loss in women is SLS - aha! 

To give you a clearer picture of how harsh this chemical really is, this stuff is used in the auto shops to cut the oil from the motor parts.  And the main reason why the companies are using it is that it's cheap to produce and the lovely  bubbles are very pretty.  But  completely unnecessary. 

 Wow, this certainly is starting to sound like a TV commercial, doesnt it lol?   I could discuss this  much further here but then this blog would become endless and I wanted to share what my favorite SLS free shampoo is in the market and not what SLS is......



funny image of a guy with a shampoo bottle
From my personal experience as a hair stylist AND a user of this product, the best Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) FREE shampoo in the market right now, IMHO, is the DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

LET'S GO OVER WHAT *THEY* CLAIM

Sulfate Free DermOrganic Shampoo BottleGentle sulfate-free formula
Safe for Color Treated Hair
DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo provide a rich, luxurious lather that makes other sulfate-free shampoos jealous!

What makes it so good? Hair and skin rely on important nutrients such as Essential Fatty Lipids (EFAs) and Amino Acids.DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo ® is the only shampoo made with a proprietary blend of EFA Lipid and Amino-Acid based skin cleansers. That means it is the only shampoo to moisturize, strengthen and rebuild the hair every time you clean your hair!
Whether your hair is colored, permed, heat styled or sun drenched, DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo ® has what it takes to impress stressed tresses.
So gentle, this shampoo is ideal for color treated hair and is superb as an all-over cleanser that leaves skin soft and supple. So healthy for your hair that you’ll never have to switch shampoos again.
Further enriched with Argan Oil with Omega-6 and Linoleic Acid, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Rice Amino Acids, and anti-oxidant plant extracts to preserve the life of hair color. 

Ingredients: Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.
(1) Amino-Acid based, plant derived cleanser
(2) Essential Lipid based, plant derived cleanser



Long Curly hair SLS free
AND HERE IS MY TAKE

 Let me first assure you that,  I've never been so utterly happy with a shampoo product in many a year.

For sure, you can find something that makes your hair feel and look as good as this, but also Sulfate Free?  HELL NO.   Just look at the ingredients there, they're all very good for you  (except for the silicone - but a vinegar rinse twice a month will clear that right up - and without it, your hair will look like a bush).



This is a rave review but nothing is ever perfect. Consequently,  I had 2  3 issues with this product.  JUST three and that's amazing in itself.


1) I didn't find it very color safe on my hair.   However, I must then admit that my clients didn't notice it.
  2) It's advertised as a CONDITIONING shampoo - like it's one of those  2 in 1 deal (Pert Plus anyone?).  Its NOT.  You def need a separate conditioner, folks.  
3) The scent doesnt last! 


 OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW

Sulfate Free Suds


WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE?
Like all the beach oils poured into a jar of goodness.  Coconuts, bananas, etc - it smells like the beach.  Serious.


WILL IT LATHER UP? 

 This is a serious complaint with so many people when it comes to Sulfate Free Shampoos because 90% of the SLS shampoos in the market do not sud. 

 Therefor, I'm happy to report that, YES, it does lather up.  HOWEVER, the suds doesnt look like your average shampoo bubbles.  I spent a good 40 mins merely looking for a photo of what a SLS free suds look like for this  blog. 

  Please look at the photo to the left.  It looks just like that - barely there.  Kinda cute. 


Funnny Harmful Sulfate bubble suds photo

And as a comparison, look at what a normal shampoo suds look like.  Nice fluffy cloud of sulfate there, mister...ahem.



Lots of waves and body from using Sulfate Free Shampoo DermOrganic
FIRST TIME 
 My first comical reaction in the shower, quite butt naked and rambling on:

"What the HELL is this, crap, ugh !@#$!"  -  because it barely lathered up like they claimed.   So I shampooed again and this time it did sud up, and I started noticing the heavenly smell...  

But wait,  the second the water hit my head to rinse, and let me tell you, my hair has never rinsed off so fast in my entire life,  my hair started to squeak, no seriously - it squeaked!! Because it was so effing CLEAN.   UGH!!

This had me entirely worried because usually, for my hair type, which is long, thick, color treated and coarse - very clean hair equals a very dry, brittle hair when its completely dry.  If you have long hair, you know exactly what I mean.

By this time, I'm bitterly mumbling to myself about another crap SLS free shampoo that I wasted money on... but wait... wait

My hair started to dry and I rediscovered Jesus, and fell so deeply in love with DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo that I went and told all my clients and am now blogging about it. 

My hair has never been as fluffy, soft and shiny in my whole life. In addition,   my scalp no longer flakes (unless I wash it twice a day) - this was my sole reason for looking into SLS free shampoos.    This stuff is entirely brilliant!!

This shampoo gets a 4.5 Amazon Stars from me.  

If you've found this review helpful, please sub, add, comment, share, and like my page.   It would mean a lot to me. :)


Finally, I just had to share this cute pic with you haha... Thanks for reading, take care, everyone !! :-)

Hilarious funny image of a dog taking a bath





 UPDATED: 1/14/13:  Click below !

I've discovered the best conditioner that will make your hair shed less in Korea 2 months ago!! 

  It's truly one of the BEST conditioner that I've run across in... 7 years! 



 
  






















  






5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Tina. I've been using DermOrganic myself for many years and have loved it so much! But do you know if it's compatible with keratin treated hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Since it's SLS free, it should be safe to use. :)

      Delete
  3. I am a Stylist as well and was excited to have located your blog. I was wondering what color line do you use. I am a Redken 5th Ave Salon and have been very happy with it for the most part BUT (there is always a but isn't there) I am looking for more safe alternitives in the professional world that actually is worth using and standing behind. Seems like if you go more in that direction we sacrifice condition, hold, shine, just to name a few. Can you give me any insights?
    Thank you!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!

      Always great to meet another fellow stylist. I don't own a salon so I "must" use what the owner buys, so we use a bit of everything, Loreal being the most prominent brand. :)

      However... I've recently tried the Argan Oil based hair color by One n' Only on my own hair to experiment... I loved how shiny my hair turned out BUT my sensitive scalp did flake up few days later, which is the normal reaction to hair color for me - so I guess it was pretty much the same ol', same ol..

      Delete

To cut down on spam, I'll be moderating comments. Thanks for your understanding! <3

I strongly encourage you to leave behind your "personal" blog or your Youtube page because I'd love to visit, but please do not spam your "store" here. I will promptly delete it.